Sunday, February 2, 2014

Simple Steamed Eggplant 清蒸矮瓜




I thought twice before writing this recipe.  This dish is way too simple, but I told myself that is also the reason I like it very much.  As long as you find a fresh eggplant and manage to set up a steamer on the stove, you own the dish.  It is a rustic flavour my mom brings to Hong Kong from her memory of childhood.  She cooked it all the time for the family.  With the variation of new ingredients in the market, our family has changed the dish over time.  Mom uses Japanese eggplant instead of the Chinese eggplant, because the former one has a firmer texture and it won't be too easy to become mushy even if you overcook it.  I replace the traditional peanut oil with the healthier olive oil.  I admit it does change the original taste a lot, but both versions are tasty.



Ingredients:
1 Japanese Eggplant
Olive Oil
Soy Sauce

材料:
1 條   日本矮瓜
檻欖油
豉油


Instruction:



No comments:

Post a Comment